Looking for exciting career opportunities related to climate change and sustainability? Look no further than COP28 Careers, where the latest job openings and applications can be found.
With the urgency of addressing the ongoing global , COP28 Careers offers a unique platform for individuals passionate about making a positive impact on the environment to connect with job opportunities across various industries and sectors.
Whether you are an experienced professional or just starting your career, COP28 Careers has a diverse range of job openings to suit your skills and interests. Discover the newest job openings at COP28 Careers and become a part of the effort to create a better and more eco-friendly future. Start your journey towards sustainability by joining the movement today.
COP28 Careers: Youth Fellowship Program
The upcoming generations are responsible for taking care of the environment, and the Climate Champions Team supports this by encouraging young people to get involved in climate action. They have a desire to give a voice to the youth and make them an essential part of their work, bringing about systemic change.
The Climate Champions Team is searching for their next group of optimistic Youth Fellows, who will work with Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin and H.E Razan Al Mubarak, the UN Climate Change High-Level Champions for COP27 and COP28. They will help to create momentum toward achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement by collaborating with non-governmental organizations and the COP Presidencies.
As a Youth Fellow, you’ll have the opportunity to help mobilize climate action and make a real impact on the world.
The Climate Champions Team (CCT) is offering a fellowship program that lasts for seven months. The program will have fellows working in three areas: core campaigns, systems transformation, and stakeholder and policy engagement. They’ll also get a chance to do some work together on projects and outreach.
This is a paid fellowship program, and selected fellows will be expected to work up to 16 hours per week. The fellowship runs from June to December 2023. Early career professionals aged 30 or younger with experience in climate/sustainability advocacy or expertise in one or two fellowship sectors are encouraged to apply.
In order to qualify for the selected program, individuals must be 30 years old or younger in 2023, have at least five years of full-time work or volunteering experience in one of the fellowship sectors or climate leadership, and have strong communication skills.
They must also be self-motivated, willing to be flexible, have a relevant network, possess sufficient English language skills, have their own laptop and reliable internet connectivity, and be committed to the values of the Climate Champions Team in raising non-state actor commitments to the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Different job positions require different skills, so please make sure you read each job description carefully before you apply. Here are the job titles and their corresponding descriptions for the Climate Champions Team:
- Energy Policy Youth Fellow
- Finance Youth Fellow
- Ocean Youth Fellow
- Policy and Engagement Youth Fellow
- Race to Zero Youth Fellow
- Race to Resilience Youth Fellow
- Systems Tracking Youth Fellow
COP28 Careers: Current Opening
Professional And Higher Categories
- Program Officer: The application period is from 20 April to 4 May
- Legal Officer: The application period is from 20 April to 18 May
- Special Assistant to Senior Director: The application period is from 19 April to 3 May
- Program Officer of level P-3: The application period is from 19 April to 3 May
- Human Resources Officer: The application period is from 14 April to 30 April
- Team Assistant: The application period is from 20 April to 4 May
- Human Resources Assistant: The application period is from 19 April to 3 May
- Travel Assistant: The application period is from 9 March to 9 May
How to Apply?
- Sign up: Use the online application system to apply for a job at UNFCCC. Just click the “apply now” button beside the job you want, and then register as a user on the UNFCCC Online Application System
- Applying: Once you’ve registered, you can apply for a job by filling out your Personal History Form (P.11) on the online application system. You can also save your profile for future job applications
Don’t attach any extra documents to your application. If you’re invited to an interview, you’ll need to provide evidence to support your statements.
- Confirmation: Once you submit your online application form, you’ll receive an email confirmation right away